Town of Chester Summer Camp 2023
81 Laroe Rd
Chester, NY 10918
Chester Summer Camp is held at the "Chester Commons", 81 Laroe Rd., Chester NY
The camp runs for 6 consecutive weeks for campers entering grades 1-5 for the 2023-2024 school year. Camp hours are from 8:30am - 2:30pm Monday - Friday
July 3 (No camp on July 4th)
* There are some trip days that our return time will be later than 2:30pm, parents/guardians will know ahead of time and a text message will be sent to all parents/guardians when we are approximately 30 minutes from Chester.
Camp will be held outdoors at the Chester Commons, we will use the pavilion and have a tent set up for the entire 6 weeks.
The campers will experience fun filled days. There will be trips, shows, theme days, field days, water days, adventures, make new friends and create memories with old ones.
All campers are required to bring a lunch daily unless otherwise noted. Some days we will have a welcome breakfast, bbq, lunch possibly included on a trip.
Water coolers will be provided and campers can fill up water bottles that they must bring themselves.
Camp shirts will be provided and must be worn on indicated days.
Since we are completely outdoors, there may be the instance where the weather looks completely rain for the day and we will need to cancel camp that day, or weather may come rolling in and we may need to dismiss early. We will make every attempt to hold camp daily, if showers are predicted we will wait out the rain in either the pavilion or tent. There will be NO refunds or credit issued in the event of cancellation.
We will be outdoors, running around, and playing games appropriate footwear must be worn while at camp and on trips.
There are NO CELL PHONES OR ELECTRONIC DEVICES allowed at camp.
Bullying, fighting, name calling WILL NOT be tolerated.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
At the completion of registration, refund requests will not be granted
- Camp runs daily from 8:30am to 2:30pm for all campers, at Chester Commons, 81 Laroe Rd., Chester NY. Children are to arrive no earlier than 8:20am. We also ask that you not sign your child in or out after 1:50pm. Children are to be picked up at 2:30pm. A late pickup fee of $10.00 will begin at 2:40pm and increase by $10.00 every 15 minutes. (i.e. 2:40-2:55 = $10.00, 2:55-3:10 = $20.00). If we have not received a phone call by 3:00 letting us know the child is being picked up late, we will call your emergency contact person. After 3:15pm, we will contact the Town Police for assistance.
- Any child who arrives late or departs early must have their parent/guardian sign them in or out with the camp office.
- No child shall be allowed to attend the Chester Recreation Summer Camp without a current Medical History, an Updated Immunization Record meeting all DOH regulations, and an emergency phone number.
- Children must stay with their group throughout the day. Counselors will accompany children to and from the medical person, bathrooms, etc. However, it is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to stress to their children the importance of remaining with their group and on the premises at all times during the program.
- NO CELL PHONES, TOYS or ELECTRONICS are to be brought to the camp!
- CHILDREN MUST BRING A LUNCH TO CAMP EVERYDAY. Please be aware that there is NO REFRIGERATION We will NOT be responsible for personal property that is brought to camp. The child’s first and last name should be on any clothing or lunch items brought to camp.
- The facilities and equipment are not to be misused or damaged. Any child found misusing or damaging the facilities or camp equipment will be suspended immediately from the program and expected to replace anything damaged.
- No motorized vehicles (ATV’s, moped, etc.) are allowed at camp.
- All children should dress in cool clothing and wear socks and sneakers as the camp area includes outdoor fields and playgrounds. Children will be very active throughout the day outside. However, we do try to adjust our schedule according to the temperature and any precipitation. Children should not wear their best clothing, as they might get dirty participating in arts and crafts activities.
Any child who does not follow the above rules at camp will be suspended from the program immediately for the duration of the program. The summer camp director and camp staff will address any discipline issues.
We have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to bullying, hitting, teasing, or name-calling!
1ST Offence: Parent(s) called and asked to pick up their child
2nd Offence: Parent(s) called to pick child up and suspended for following day
3rd Offence: Parent(s) called to pick child up and suspended for remainder of camp (NO REFUND WILL BE ISSUED)
Cell Phones: NO CELL PHONES ARE PERMITTED AT CAMP!
1st Offence: Cell phone taken away and parent notified. (Returned to adult at pick-up)
2nd Offence: Cell phone taken away and parent called to pick up child.
3rd Offence: Cell phone taken away, parent called to pick up child immediately and suspended for remainder of camp. (No refund issued)
Camp Trips: All campers are to wear their camp shirts.
A group text message will be sent out when we are departing the trip location and another text message when we are within 30 minutes of the Chester Commons for pick up.